Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Bon Jovi - "We're half way there!"



Study, study, study!





















Half way through my stay at the MTC! So first things first, Hermana Wynne has been sick the last week and a half, so she had blood work done on Friday. Yesterday they got the results and immediately sent her via ambulance to the Salt Lake hospital. She had severe anemia and probably will need blood transfusions. Scary. Even scarier is that she had leukemia when she was thirteen, so we are reaaaalllyy hoping and praying it's not leukemia part two. Our whole zone is fasting and praying for her today so hopefully that will help. Something that was really cool is that H. Wynne was able to get a blessing just before she left and she has been promised multiple times that she will be healthy. So we'll see if she comes back soon or not. I really hope so.

Right now I am in trio with the other two Hermanas in my district, and I...I don't even know. I don't like it very much. With Hermana Wynne the last few weeks I've felt like I've had all the patience in the world, but in the last 24 hours with the other 2 Hermanas it has all disappeared. They are great and they try hard but their natural pace of life is about 10000000000000000 times slower than mine. I'm trying hard to be patient and not complain, but we'll see how long I can keep my cool. They also struggle with Spanish and teaching. I've basically been told by my teacher that my primary job in this trio is to support and not take over. Soooo hard for me, but I will do it. I need to practice. That's the biggest thing right now. It's kind of throwing off my groove. But it's ok. It will all work out. I'm just happy it's not me in the hospital.

I LOVE getting DearElders! (Note: DearElder.com is a website where you can send an email and they will print it and deliver it same day to the MTC otherwise Emily can only check emails once a week, on Thursdays. Check it out!).

I am so excited for Josh to be here! (Note#2: Josh is Emily's cousin who was called to the same mission.) Next week will be great. We get our travel itineraries (whoop whoop!). It's exciting.

Our devotional on Sunday night was the importance of the converting power that the Book of Mormon has. I have always been told the Book of Mormon is proof that our entire church is true, but I never really could figure out why. So this week I studied it. I've kind of always thought that the point of missionary work was to tell people that the Gospel has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith which is partially true, but the main point of missionary work is to tell people that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth again, and it just happens to have been restored through Joseph Smith. Because it has been restored, we have access to all the covenants and blessings that Christ has always given to His people. It might sound the same, and I wish I could get into the nuances of what I mean, but I hope that kind of makes sense. 

In answer to your question about feeling the Spirit in our home and as a family, I think our family did well. I think the times I felt the Spirit most is when you (Dad) would play the Primary songs and we would sing and also just reading the scriptures together. One time I felt the Spirit the most was that one time we were at the cabin with all your family and we had a family testimony meeting. I still remember how strongly I felt that families are eternal, because there was no way we could deny that when we were all together.

I have had a bad cold the last two days, small sore throat and super stuffy. I feel a little better today though. Not bad considering half our district was puking their guts out last week. We've been a pretty sad bunch the last few days. 

I love seeing Tyler and Max around the MTC. We are trying to plan a rendezvous to get a picture before Tyler leaves. Hopefully that happens.

Well, I think that's all I have for today. I love you all, sad I'm missing the reunion but I'm also really happy to be here. Love you!

Emily

1 comment:

  1. Love reading this! And died laughing about her being in the trioπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

    ReplyDelete